17 October 2009

Stella Luna

My little brown bat enjoyed seeing a theater production of Stella Luna on Saturday morning and then the Fall Dance at her school last night. She managed to run around, dance, and eat plenty of popcorn at the dance. She and David stayed at the dance until one of Julia's wings became detatched from the sleve. The fixing is not big deal at all, and this was a different reason for leaving than the last two years when Julia had to leave because of over stimulation.

I worked hard at the dance -- setting up and cleaning up, judging contests (how does one do that?), and getting in some dancing as well. It made me sad to see that Julia does not really get dancing with another person yet. I want that for her but cannot make it happen. I was struck by how much Julia is missing from what I consider a childhood. I remind myself that she has to have her own version, her own process, and I am here to support and enjoy it. She does understand Halloween, maybe dancing will come.

No comments: