05 November 2009

Just before bed

Julia was exhausted when I picked her up today to go to Marilyn's for therapy. She spent a lot of our time with Marilyn siting next to me. If I didn't know that she was on a drug, I would assume that she was getting sick. She perked up a little bit when we got home, but was very drossy when she did her reading work. I took her upstairs early and after two short books she was asleep within 10 minutes.

A side effect of this drug is sleepiness. It is unnerving that we are making Julia sleepy. Marilyn asked if this mellower Julia was a relief. I like the extra snuggling, but I don't like a sleepy Julia. Relaxed, yes; trouble keeping her eyes open, not so much.

Marilyn urged me to get my support system ready. I am very casually working on it but I need to get into higher gear if my airm is to keep Julia's life running as regularly as possible when the beeper goes off. I found a website for a book called Share the Care. It is aimed care groups for person who are terminally ill, but it provides a frame work for gathering a group of people who can keep life going while someone is ill. It is such a challenge for me to ask for the help that we are going to need.

No comments: