29 March 2010

Monday morning and the garbage is out and picked up and I haven't set a foot outside. I am getting to join the old ladies who put the garbage can out before I go to bed the night before. Actually, I never do that but we wanted to sleep in today -- spring vacation and all -- and we had a full garbage can.

David answered the phone this morning. Was it the first time? He was able to maneuver from the kitchen sink where he was washing dished to the phone which is a few steps away. Very simple thing, but another step. Maybe he has done this already when I have not been home. Sometimes I feel like I am recording the evolution of a baby -- recovery is gaining another infant-hood.

Once again, Julia and I are doing our home work. After three days, she is back to where we left off before surgery. I want to write a lot more about this. Maybe tonight. Now, we need to get dressed and get outside in the gorgeous sun shine!

We are going to the zoo, zoo, zoo . . . you can come too, too, too . . . .

No comments: