07 March 2010

Sunday morning on waking

I must have caught up on a lot of rest these past two nights. I am awake before Julia and not at all groggy. Ches texted me last night after 10. All was well and they were watching a movie. And then I went to sleep.

My thoughts this morning turn as they have for minutes every day since we saw David after recovery to the family who lost their dear one and allowed or asked for his/her organs to be used for others. Maybe David's doner has a doner card, maybe the doner has a generous family. This is the second time in our lives that some family's tragedy has been our family's supreme good fortune. And so, now I have another family to thank deeply. We have been given two lives, our Julia and David's new heart. So much gratefulness, so much thanks. I will try for the rest of my life to live the thankfulness that I feel.

1 comment:

norie said...

suzanne... you make me really, really think...thank you

norie