11 September 2008

New Day

Whew, what a wallow last night!

To the extent that it was about Julia, she is doing so much better this year, this month, this week, than last year, month, week. I love her so fiercely and I want her to be the glorious person that I see glimpses of from time to time.

Whoa, but right there, not two sentences can I write without getting to me and my wants.

To the extent that my grand wallow was about me, I blush. Nah, I don't blush. I can feel so very sorry for myself and last night's post was a great example of that. So be be utterly clear, I worked so hard with Julia all summer, even during vacation. We did speech and OT therapy all summer, and I have been ever so dilligent about using the listening therapy. I have been more consistent than I am comfortable and I have expended a LOT of energy.

And Julia is not perfect yet. And no one notices any great changes that have come of all my, yes MY, energy.

Oh.

Pretty ridiculous, huh?

I say we have a long road all the time. Maybe I should be saying that I have the long road.

This morning at breakfast, there was a little pet on the table. I put it in front of Julia and asked who has the little pet. Julia didn't anwer and I said as I touched her, 'I have the little pet.' Then, I put it in front of David and asked, 'who has the little pet?' Julia answered, "Daddy has the little pet." I put it in front of myself and again she should answer, I put it in front of her for another answer. And she looked at me very proudly.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Well, it is true that you work very hard and do expend a whole lot of energy. And being human you'd like to see some results. Slowly, slowly.....

Mary, Jason, & Maya said...

Our girls may have different issues, but I can relate with your recent posts. It's a long road. I get frustrated a lot. Sometimes it seems that each step forward is followed by two steps back. Of course, there are those rare days when you take 10 steps forward. Overall, it's progress...slow progress, but progress.

tumbleintodreams said...

I know you have worked hard all summer. You have a diligence and patience that most do not. And you are willing to try many new things to see if they help.

The teachers don't notice so much your work because they have so many children to notice. I still wonder how homeschooling might work for you.......