20 May 2007

The Pool is Open

The JCC opened their outside pool today and Julia and I spent the afternoon splashing and swimming. Julia spent a lot of time in the part of the pool for little kids. I thought at first that she was too old to really play there but there were plenty of kids her size and larger running through showers, crawling through bit tubes and sliding down the "mini" slide. The JCC has two very big slides and today I am so very happy that they decided to put a small slide for the little ones. Julia did want to ride the big slide (Yesterday, at the zoo, she wanted to ride the roller coaster. Why does none of this surprise me??). She must have gone down the small slide twenty or thirty times. It is slippery fun, where she lands is padded, and the water is about a foot and a half deep, so even if she sits right down on the bottom she head is still above water. Not that her head above water is that important. She is dolphin in water.
We also enjoyed the lazy river that Julia kept calling the crazy river. I don’t think she had ever heard the word lazy before. She loved the big tubes to sit in and slide around on. Every so often we had to fight the current and stop to reposition her. She would twist and squirm and slide around so much that she couldn’t get back to a stable position. She had a great time. It was a crazy ride!
Julia insists that I watch her go down the slide each time or go through a shower. She wants to be told good job or applauded. I remember Cheshire wanting the same thing but I can’t remember the age. Some time similar. Julia shows me where to sit, even tells me what to say – what a bossy kid. LOL. I am very happy to think that she knows what she needs and asks for it. It is possible to try to give a child what they need, but I cannot help but believe that I, at least, miss things. My daughters rarely let me slide
One more week and Jei Jei comes home. Oh I can’t wait to give that girl a hug. We haven’t seen her since January and it is far too long to go without her. Cheshire will be home for 12 days – not a lot and not enough. I might insist she spend every waking moment with me – or not.
Julia’s passport arrived in the mail on Saturday, so Julia and I will be traveling to see Cheshire in Bolivia this summer. David too if he can, but I gotta’ see more of my girl than a measly 12 days, so I gotta’ go.

Just to prove that nothing is static, after a weekend of really very good behavior, Julia will not go to sleep tonight. We usually lay in bed with her until she falls asleep but tonight I was there for a very long time and each time she began to fall asleep, she would shake herself awake. I have finally come downstairs to clean up and have a few minutes of grown up time. She is now in my bed still calling now and then to make sure I am here. I guess the good thing is that she is not crying,
Posted by Picasa

No comments: