13 May 2007

Mother's Day

Looking at houses, carrying Julia piggy-back, catching a nap, and a beer and salad -- a great mother's day! David and I agree that we have re-set our expectations. Madison is a great town and we are going to be happy with a smaller house and one that may need as much work as our Washington Blvd house and one that may be at the top of our price range. This was a hard pill to swallow a few weeks ago, but I am definitely more open to the possibilities this time round. We saw three today -- one was a second visit for me and probably the one that needs the least work, a second house was a small cape in a school district I am checking out tomorrow, and the third in a great location with good "bones" but in need of LOTS of cosmetic work and a new bathroom. The two houses needing work are empty and flexible in terms of closing, and the owners of the bigger house are moving down the block and rather flexible.

I have two appointments to show our Indy house this week so I am optimistic there as well. And we sign with a realtor on Friday if those don't work out. Somehow, we are going to be in Madison asap, I am hoping for a June moving.







We are watching the Lilo and Stitch movies with Julia. She likes Stitch more than Lilo. So my spicy dragon wants to ask like a little blue monster. What is a mother to do?

No comments: