20 July 2007

Happy Friday


Julia and I were home all day today. I was gardening in the front beds and Julia played around in and out of the house, on the porch, in the backyard. She loves her horses (maybe we will be vacationing one day on the Virginia farm) and her wings, of course.

I separated a big lavendar plant into 9 smaller plants which one day will be a lanvendar hedge. I planted out the hostas that I brought from Indy. I weeded and later watered. We've had no rain in more than a week and so I watered. In between my tasks, Julia and I had lunch and snacks, talked to Babja, and made lots of blue clay dinosaurs.

After I finished most of my garden work, MJ, the old owner, stopped over to give me some gardening pointers, to offer some mulch, and to ask to divide some of the perenials. Had I been a "younger" gardener, I could have been intimidated by her manner, but she is having a bit of a time letting go of this garden. And she didn't do all that she wanted to before she left and she hasn't taken me up on my invitation to take what she wants. I am not sure how to make it easier for her.

The last Harry Potter book comes out tonight. This is the first one time that a book will not be in our house the first day that it is out. Ah, Cheshire. I miss her staying up all night to read the book.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: