13 August 2007

Monday in La Paz

Yes, South America. This is my solo trip of the summer to visit Cheshire. The flights down last night were fantastic - on time and not too crowded and friendly and easy. This is such an unusual experience on an airline these days. If travel was like this, we`d all be happier.

Cheshire looks great and we fell into our banter. I felt immediately at home in La Paz but that was only because Cheshire could do all the translating.. Oh, how I should learn Spanish. I would like to spend more time here but Spanish is mandatory.

Sweet Bolivian hotel-inn for the night with cold showers and heavy blankets, but more tv channels than we have at home.

I only have a few days here, so I am very glad that I know a little bit about the lay of the land. I might try to go around La Paz myself on Friday during my return. I have a 5 hours layover.

It is hard not having Julia and David with me, but it is also nice to have Cheshire to myself and not worry about a little one´s behavior.

No comments: