20 August 2007

Monday evening

Julia and I spent the day at home today, alone and inside. I cleaned and played with dinosaurs, Julia played with all her little animals and dinosaurs and the computer and clay. We had breakfast and lunch together and ended the day with a bath. It was a good day.

Julia has been incredible the last two days. She has been loving and ready to give hugs and kisses. She missed me and she is willing to show it. She was a bit angry with me on Sunday, but even that feels like it should. She did not ignore me as she used to do when I came back from Chicago. She behaved that way when David was traveling back and forth to Madison. I brough back a few gifts for her and her favorite was a few more plastic animals -- a llama, a duck billed dino, an ape, and a gazelle. This kid is going to know her animals.

I was feeling a bit off on Sunday and at the beginning of today, but it was the only problem I had related to my trip. A day of queasy stomach is nothing compared to what we've felt during our trips. I feel very lucky.

Julia is working on her words. We have been correction some of her mispronounciations and she is willing to try to correct herself. I think she is really ready for some good ESL training.

No comments: