10 November 2008

Perfection

Tonight, during our home work, Julia played three rounds of a computer matching game and another simple addition game. It helped that I was there and making sure she followed all the directions, but both games held her attention. After that, we went through our sight word flash cards (9 of them so far) and did a little writing. Her attention was good through the whole time.

We had our first OT in a month -- we finished our alotted number of therapy sessions allowed by our insurance. Annie changed our music for Julia's listening therapy and we talked about more physical ways of dealing with Julia's anger during transitions. I have a parent-teacher meeting on Thursday. I will ask Christy about implementing some physical transition tools.

I admit that I worry all the time about Julia's differences, especially when I am away from her or comparing her to other kids, but when it is just us, just David, Julia and I, I see she is perfect just as she is. I am grateful for this knowledge.

No comments: