13 August 2010

Friday

Could not resist sitting down and working this morning during Julia's therapy. I paid OZB estate bills and made a few calls, did some of my own, cancelled a magazine subscription that David never ordered, and changed addresses on a few things. How much of this is there?

I have the letter of benefits from social security for Julia and myself. We will have a bit of money coming in each month until she is 16. Other money matters are coming along. Still, in the short term, it may be tense.

I registered Julia for school on line (though I still must do it physically next week); I registered for my own course work at UW. I will be a UW Fellow for the year. Almost official now. I have one course to take via internet. Most of the students will have done it this summer; I must do it this fall. We do orientation next Thursday and Friday. I will be meeting people, lots of them, people who I will work with for the year, and I will be saying that I am single. My husband died during the summer.

Is it alright that I don't use the term widow?

I feel like I have been spending a lot of time changing my status on the outside, external. Soon or now, I will start to change things inside the house. Some just make sense -- David had taken over the medicine cabinet during the last few years as his medications increased, I put my moisturizer, deordorant, etc., in a basket on my dresser. I can move it back now. I'm going to take one of the sets of drawers out of the bedroom and maybe move a chair in. These changes are small. All small changes.

No comments: