18 June 2007

Monnday before the move

Just a note before bed. Just exhausted.

House report: Our offer was accepted on our back-up house -- funky brown, red, orange, and purple house. We had an inspection today that revealed a few problems, but you know, there is no old house that is perfect. I hope the owners will fix or credit us. We'll see in another day or two. We are still under contract for the first house, but our notice expires on thursday.

Julia report: Another clue or hint about Julia's past life. On Saturday, Julia and I were at the JCC in the handicapped accessible stall in the bathroom. While I used the facilities, Julia put one hand on the grab bar and put herself is a rough ballet first position, and did a rough preparation for a plie. She plied and rose to her toes. Then, she put one leg on the bar, put an arm above her head, and bent at the waist. She told me, "Mommy, I do dance." She has not seen a ballet barre with me. Did she go to a ballet class in China, or did she watch one?

Shadiamon is coming over each day this week to be a mother's helper. She came today in the early afternoon today and she and Julia played in and outside. They rode bikes, played on the computer, dressed bears and pigs, and took a bath. Later, we had a few minutes at the zoo. I hope that tomorrow I can stop working sooner and we can all do something together.

No comments: