15 June 2007

the morning report



Julia at her school library on the last day of school.
Today, Cheshire leaves for Bolivia. I am so happy for her and her adventures but I love having her home so much and miss her when she is gone. Still, we've have a wonderful two weeks. She has caught us up on her life -- not the facts of course, but oh, emotional catch up, something you can only get in person, over tea, or dinner, or during a walk. She has felt that the family's life is changing and she is not a part of it at times. I hope these weeks together have helped her feel more connected -- or maybe, that our crazy lives are not that great to be connected to. LOL. Next time she comes home, it will be in Madison.


Julia stayed with Marcia last night and I went to meet my book club buddies. I am going to miss those women! Lots of talking and laughing and and admiring of Toby and Kelly's kids. This group has evolved over the last 4 years, thanks to Toby, and I so appreciate the friendships. This is what makes Indy hard to leave.


A week from today we close on this house. All is fine with that. Financing is in place and our furnace was cleaned and given the okay. We still dither in Madison. The brick house people have not responded to our Amendment (which has epired), our Notice, or our mutual cancelation form. The sellers' agent is an ass leaving us in limbo for so long. There is no way I want that house now, and I just pray that we can get out of it. We should -- the Notice says that they must cure or we are out -- the problem is that it is a 10 day notice. This is day 5.


The sellers of our backup house have countered and we will counter again today. I am hoping that the deal is done sometime today.


Julia's behavior has been a bit better. She listens to Cheshire and is playing with her toys again (she seemed to stop for awhile). Her clay work continues to get more creative and she is making rocks, nests, and water for her creatures to play in and on. She still asks me to make the eggs, but the other day she made a creature coming out of an egg.


I think we have topped out on stress, at least I may have. Most stuff is packed and I don't feel the impossibility of it. I am sure it will get done now. Now to get up to Madison.

No comments: