14 December 2007

Just another note

Turned on the tv to find about two thirds of It's a Wonderful Life. Okay, I am such sap. I love the movie. Feeling pretty much like George today, and having a hard time thinking of what to even ask for for the holidays. Pretty content. Would like that job, but pretty content.

Just a few Julia things. Tonight, I lit a candle during dinner and Julia was more interested in watching the candle burning than eating her salad. After watching for awhile, she told us that the fire was dancing.

After school, Julia and I went to mail our Christmas packages at the post office. I had nine boxes and had to make two trips from the car. Julia held one box and held ourt place in line as I made my two trips out to the car. When the woman at the window asked what we were doing, Julia said that we were mailing Christmas.

When we were in Indy last weekend at the kids' museum, Julia saw Santa. It was pretty low key, short line, no hype. Julia was excited to see Santa and before she got on his lap, I told Santa that this was Julia's first Santa visit. Well, Santa didn't get it at all. He tried to get her on his lap to pose with him. She squirmed and was not comfortable. When he asked what she wanted for Christmas, she told him that she wanted presents and a tree.

Still I took at least one good picture. Hard when the Santa Claus is not the sensitive type.
Julia in the "ice" castle. What a princess!

Julia has always loved slides but has been a little bit hesitant about them when she thinks that she will go down very quickly. Something about her confidence is increasing and the last few weeks she has started pushing herself off slides and enjoying the ride.








And the landing.
Posted by Picasa

Snow 101: People in Wisconsin like winter -- okay, not everyone. People have favorite clothes and boots and gloves and hats. They think of the snow and ice and cold like I usually think of spring, summer, and fall. It is something different for me -- to really like the cold and snow.

A very tiny city snow plow came around yesterday and plowed out our corner. It was the one part of our sidewalks that I didn't do the first day of snow, and the next day, we had ice instead of snow and I couldn't shovel a path from our sidewalk to the street. But this little plow scraped and pushed and we now have paths. And I will shovel faithfully as soon as the snow stops from now on.

So far this December, we've had 22 inches of snow.

No comments: