15 December 2007

Snow report

Snow this morning -- light, soap flakes flakes falling very gentle. Not an intense snow and although it is sticking (almost true without being said here. There is no melting snow this time of year.), the fall is light enough that the accumulation is not much as of yet. I'll clear it away soon -- way before it stops.

Julia in full winter regailia.
















I shovelled but Julia cleaned off the blue car. And I mighty good job she did too
Posted by Picasa

I was on the phone with Cheshire for awhile. She is finishing up school work and preparing to travel to the UK on Tuesday to spend Christmas with Jason and his family. I told her that we are going to have to travel together in the future as I am not willing to give up Christmasses with her forever. Can't wait to get her home in the early new year.

We will probably do a little decorating today but we won't get a tree until late next week. I like Christmas to be compact and intense, and the tree fresh enough to last until the new year.

I started a Christmas story for Julia. Maybe over her head but if I can find some pictures, I'll do a simple book for her this week. It will be my first attempt to explain the real meaning of Christmas to her. So far she has absorbed something about trees and lights and sants and presents, but nothing about the Holy Family becoming a family on Christmas. And that is what the story is about -- becoming a family, like Mary, Joseph and Jesus and like us.

No comments: