15 February 2008

Friday night fun

For the last few weeks, we've been going to the Y on Friday nights. David works out for a little while and Julia and I go to one of the gyms where they blow up these big get in and jump and slide toys. There are three, the smallest being for very young ones, the middle sized one is mainly for 3 year olds but at times a bunch of kids Julia's height get in and have a blast, and then the biggest one which covers the length of the gym and has 4 sections ending with a bit soft slide. What a blessing for a winter Friday! Kids running and jumping and having fun until they are flushed and tired, and parents watching, hoping that no one gets hurt and that those little ones get tuckered out for a good night's sleep.

We came home to a salad and frozen pizza. Julia will remind me when we go food shopping that we need another pizza for the freezer. She loves to pick out the pizza. I think it's insurance against hunger.

Two things referring to my big and little discussion --

Two nights ago when I was asking Julia about two lumps of clay. Which is big? Which is little? Which is this? When she couldn't remember the word, she would look at me. Waiting for me to prompt her. I don't think she's ever done that before.

Yesterday morning, Julia came to the breakfast table and saw the pile of clay balls that we had left on the table from the night before. She picked up a little ball and said, "Mommy, little."

Oh, my girl.

No comments: