29 November 2007

Gross and Yucky

Now for a change of pace. Gross story day! Last week, we were traveling and were at the airport sitting waiting for boarding with lots of people. Julia is still picking her nose but not eating what comes out (picking our battles carefully, we decided on eating first. oh, yuck!). Yes, gross. So she pick a huge piece of snot out of her nose, and asks me to take it from her. Of course, I have no available klenex, but take it anyway, looking for something to do with it. Then Julia says in a loud but sweet voice, "Mommy, you eat it?" There were grimaces, muffled laughter and snickers from those around us while I explained that I do not eat snot, that she should not do it, and that even though I'd rather her give it to me than eat it, she could have asked for a klenex or ask to have her nose blown.

Gosh, I am so happy I don't embarrass easily any more!

No comments: