30 November 2007

Rehabing the doll house

Posted by Picasa




Over the last few days, I refurbished Cheshire's old doll house for Julia. I made it about 15 years ago and it was in our basement for . . . oh, at least the last 5 or 7 years. When we were packing for Madison, I was thinking of getting rid of it and making a new one for Julia, but Julia wanted the old one (And Cheshire was not that crazy about giving it up either).

The house had been looking a little ratty for a long time. Pieces were coming off because the glue had dried up, it was very dusty, and much of the furniture we had was broken. Julia wanted to claim it; however, and she played while I packed up our Indy cellar.

She also insisted on having it in the sun room in Madison and she takes it out often to play with it. Sometimes dinosaurs live in the house, sometimes horses. Lately, more people have been moving in.

Santa is bringing some new furniture -- tee hee -- and so it was time to clean up, paint, and re-glue. (If only I could use the glue gun to re-do our real bathroom!). Julia loved the results and to celebrate we decorated the doll house for Christmas. I can see that there may be lights and giant blow up santas in our future. We have always gone with the tasteful candles and a wreath.
Julis put this little girl on a "stool" and into the window and told me that this girl is Julia.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

tumbleintodreams said...

I love, love, love your dollhouse!!!! sherri