17 December 2008

My commenters

Thank you to those of you who leave comments. I am always so surprised that people are reading my blog even though that was what I hoped would happen when I started it. For all my whining and complaining, I so believe in older child adoption and I hope that my blog offers encouragement to those who are considering. I am also so grateful for advice and support -- this road is a tough one to travel alone as so many of those who comment know. However, I do find it hard to figure out how to reply efficiently to comments. Any ideas on that?

Again, thank you.

It was so hard writing that account of our step back yesterday. All I can figure out this morning is that I have been so intent upon our progress. I have believed that as long as we are moving forward, nothing about Julia's behavior or her condition was permanent -- we would make up for all delays and we would eventually have a normal child. The ambiguity of the unknown is just too hard to wrap my head and heart around. But I know that it is always one step forward, one step back, and I know that there are no guarantees. And I know that a really normal child would be really confused in this household.

I am off to deliver and mail my baked Christmas boxes, and do a little shopping, and go to a meeting, all after a good blowing of the snow that fell last night. I need to do what I can today because they are talking about a "significant" storm coming tomorrow. Obviously, three or four inches has very little significance.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I don't think it's one step forward, one step back. I think it's one step forward, one big step back, then 2 leaps forward. Things with my daughter tend to be cyclical. There are up times, and down times, but the ups always do follow the downs. Eventually. The struggle is to find a way to just keep breathing when you're at the trench of a major down.

Re the comments I tend to respond within my comments section, e-mail if their e-mail is enabled in their profile, or just visit the other person's blog to let them know I'm out there :). There's no "right" way to do it, just do what works for you, at least until Blogger implements that nifty WP feature that lets you respond to individual comments easily via e-mail.

Happy holidays to you and Julia from the other side of the world. When days are darkest, remember that there are others out there thinking of you and wishing you well as you walk a hard and sometimes very lonely road, and cheering you on when the sun comes out again.

Pink Evita said...

Hi Suzanne,

Don't fret about the small battles or steps forward or sideways with Julia. You seem to being doing so much for your amazing little girl. If it make you feel any better I have some of these battles with Ava, who will be 7 in January. Ugh, she is doing just fine in school but every once in a while she just gets overly exhausted and just cannot seem to function within the confines of what we think should be normal or acceptable. We've had some pretty good meltdowns. Keep up the great work, she seems like an amazing little kid. Everything that you are doing for her and with her will undoubtedly stay with her forever.

Pink Evita said...

Hi Suzanne,

Don't fret about the small battles or steps forward or sideways with Julia. You seem to being doing so much for your amazing little girl. If it make you feel any better I have some of these battles with Ava, who will be 7 in January. Ugh, she is doing just fine in school but every once in a while she just gets overly exhausted and just cannot seem to function within the confines of what we think should be normal or acceptable. We've had some pretty good meltdowns. Keep up the great work, she seems like an amazing little kid. Everything that you are doing for her and with her will undoubtedly stay with her forever.

Anonymous said...

Love reading.

Hope that you feel our support and love. (Scott would want to be included in that.)

No return comment ever needed.

Write when you feel lead and/or have the time.

Love Julia.

Love you. (David & Cheshire too)

~Traci