19 December 2008

Snow! Snow Day! Significant Snow!


I went to bed last night and the streets were dry. The sky was pregnant with what would come but not a flake was falling. This morning we woke up to inches and inches -- I think at least 8 right now and still falling. Thank goodness, and my mother, for our snow blower. David and I got out a bit after 6:30 and dug and blew his car out of the driveway so that he could open the clerks office. I don't know if he will be the only one in work today, but the Supreme Court of Wisconsin will be open for business! I also plowed a thin path on our sidewalk because I was scared if the snow got much deeper that I would not be able to use the snowblower. Yes, it is that deep.

The snow still falls, prediced to fall until at least noon. I have a meeting to go to this morning, but with Julia home and the roads impossible, I will see if I can phone in. Julia does have her extra day of vacation and this is a "warmer" snow. We should be able to play after the walk clearing in done. I took the weather guys seriously and did a quick food shopping yesterday -- the predictions are for snow today and then another storm tomorrow over to Sunday -- so we are well laid for the long haul with hot cocoa and the makings of oatmeal cookies.

Julia and I have the tree to put up and decorate. I had thought we would do it on the weekend, but we will start today. I have some craft projects that we can do and hang.

Regarding the tree, last weekend, we put it on the unheated porch in a bucket of water to keep it fresh. The water froze and I had to bring the whole thing in yesterday so that the block of ice on the bottom of the tree would melt.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Yup, that is significant snow! It sounds like so much fun as I sit here dripping sweat by my fan. Our temp gauge outside says it is 85 degrees but also very very very humid and sticky. Can I come play in the snow?