08 August 2009

Home

We are home! And it feels so good. Julia is such a home girl. As we turned off the highway, Julia started cheering. We all tipped our hats at our pool and then headed another three blocks to our house. Julia really was so happy to be in her house with all of her things. Within 15 minutes, the entire livingroom floor was full of itsy bitsy toys. Then she enjoyed a bath and a spot of dinner, and took forever to fall asleep.

Last night, we watched a science program that had pictures of babies in utero and after birth. Julia asked about it and I told her that babies grow in their mom's tummy until they are big enough to be born. I said that Cheshire grew in my tummy.

And then, Julia asked me, in a very shy and smily voice, if she grew in my tummy. She knew the answer, but she was still asking. I told her no. That a Mommy in China had her inside her tummy. And then David said that we found her and adopted her. And Julia said that she was not going to live in China.

And then, she changed the subject by starting to fool around about other things.

Eight and a half years old, home almost 3 years, and she made the connection and asked the question. It is a beginning of questions, and oh, I hope that Julia can ask them all.

No comments: