28 August 2009

Oh, I am in the worst mood today. Just miserable -- that miserable feeling that takes over one before real acceptance sets in. Calls about our contaminated soil ate up my morning -- the lawyer, the realtor, NJ DEP, and two remediation experts. I squirm under the tasks. Everyone is being very nice and helpful -- the DEP, not so much, but according to the guy I talked to, their budget has been cut, there is no one to do the inspection work, etc., etc. This does not bode well for a speedy cleanup. Even without that "inside" information, my lawyer and realtor told me that the hardest part of the job is getting the "no further action" letter from the DEP which will finally allow me to walk away clean.

And I haven't heard from the buyers yet.

Oy!

I just want to scream, IDON'T WANT TO DO THIS!!!!

But I can't do anything else. I have to get into the garden and do some cleanup. The garden has to help because nothing else does. All I really want to do is to take a nap -- escape? Probably.

I am past denial. I've made the phone calls and began the plan making, but I am a long way off from full acceptance that the Bloomfield will be mine for months to come.

And just one more thing (Oh, I don't mean that!), it is afternoon in Wisconsin and way after noon in New Jersey. I have not heard anything from the buyers. If I was supposed to be closing on a house next Thursday, yes, the closing was on Sept 4, and was leaving an apartment that I had given notice to, I would be frantic. My frantic would have included getting in touch via lawyer or realtor with the sellers. Are they just in shock? Or what??

1 comment:

Joy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this trouble!

Joy