05 August 2009

Monday pictures

Julia and I began Monday morning at a little cafe in old town. We had eggs and sausage and the best buscuit that I've ever eaten. Julia scarfted it all down and was ready for lunch much too soon.
We found this very cool caboose in which a family was setting up a birthday party. Is that cool or what? Julia liked the outside and is getting better at posing for her mama.
What about this!! Julia still by the pool. Very soon after this she started getting wet.
That evening we had cocktails and dinner in the Train Museum. Anyone who loves trains should go there. There are lots of engines to look at and complete cars to walk through. It was a delightful evening, and within walking distance to our hotel.
Juli and David shake hands ov3r future plans in the mail car. I think it is something sneaky.
The sun sets over Old Town Sacramento.

1 comment:

Karen Melman said...

Hi Suzanne,

This is Karen, Robin's sister,
I wanted to make a few food suggestions for Old Town Sacramento, Madison and I have been there a couple times with my dad. Fat City Burger has the best corned beef hash with a belgium waffle for the Saturday and Sunday brunch. I don't know if you'll still be there Saturday morning, but it was one of the best things I've ever eaten ( I love to eat!).
Also outside the old train station is a booth that sells frozen fruit sorbets, they are really good too.
I've had the lemon and strawberry, both very refreshing. I hope you guys are having a good time.
ps I truly enjoy your blog.