31 December 2011

Julia lost one of her stones that she carries in her pockets. It was the green stone. I'll have to go back and find the name. She wanted another stone and two days ago we went to the gem store to find it. I thought she might get the same stone. I thought the woman there might help her find another. I decided that since she lost the one that I bought that she could pay for the stone from the money in her piggy bank. Then she would have more ownership of it as well. I don't know how much of that she understands but she goes through the exercise when I ask her.

There was someone in the shop when we came in and we looked around at the stones and cards and jewelry. Julia found a green stone in the shape of a heart and wanted to buy that. I wanted to ask the woman who runs the store but when she saw it she laughed and said that Julia really did not need her at all.

The stone she picked was Aventurine. This is what I found about it. Aventurin is a stone of prosperity. It reinforces leadership qualities and decisiveness. Promotes compassion and empathy. Encourages perseverance. Aventurine relieves stammers and severe neuroses. It stabilises one’s state of mind, stimulates perception and enhances creativity. Aids in seeing alternatives and possibilities. Calms anger and irritation. Promotes feelings of well-being. Aventurine balances male-female energy. It encourages regeneration of the heart. Protects against environmental pollution.

Green Aventurine is a comforter and heart healer. It neutralises all sources of electromagnetic pollution, blocking out emanations from computers, television and other electronic equipment. Green Aventurine settles nausea and dissolves negative emotions and thoughts. It brings well-being and emotional calm. A good all-round healer. Aventurine benefits the thymus gland and nervous system. It has an anti-inflammatory effect and eases skin eruptions, allergies, migraines, and soothes the eyes.

Really, there are plenty of stones which don't mention things like healing the heart, promoting compassion and empathy, encouraging perseverance, stabilizing the mind, and easing skin eruptions. And yet, that is what she wanted.

It is the last day of this year. This very hard, very challenging year. I don't want to suffer as much next year but I want to grow as much. I want life to be as thrilling and exciting. I want to take more chances. I want to learn and do and have no fear. If this is asking for suffering then suffer I must. I would also like to ask for joy. I want a moment of pure, undiluted, full bodied joy.

1 comment:

JENJ said...

I really really need an aventurine. Trying to reach you. Call or write when you can (or I will call you when I find your numbers in my various notes and journals). Much love to you for a thrilling and exciting 2012 minus suffering. Jen