25 August 2008

Coming home

Woe is me!!! I have a virus in my computer and no luck at all getting rid of it. Because of it, I am rather scared to open any programs apart from getting on line, and then I can't stay on for long. I was on the phone for two hours this morning and only got as far as a scan. Uck! I might have to go back to the computer geeks and have my laptop cleaned out.

Julia and I were out of sorts today. Getting back to real life? I am not sure. I didn't get much done in the house apart from food shopping and picking up the dog from the kennel. Julia managed to spread all of the toys she plays with regularly all around the house making walking a challenge. Tonight, we took a walk and tried to enforce safe crossing of the street. Oh, it was a total failure. I don't think that Julia really understands the difference between moving cars and cars standing still. Her problem seems to be a lack of focus -- ants, shadow and dinosaurs, the focus is great. Daily life -- she repeats what I say without understanding a thing. I have to talk to someone about this.

Listening to the Democratic Convention tonight and just heard Michelle Obama speak. She is smart, a good speaker, and very smooth. And she could be our first lady. Will it, can it? I sure hope so.

1 comment:

tumbleintodreams said...

I've been missing you! Sorry you are having computer trouble. sherri