26 August 2008

Tuesday morning

Oh, I was grumpy yesterday! I just wanted something, ANYTHING to be easy. Is that too much to ask for?? Aparently it is. And I can laugh at myself today. I have to remind myself almost daily that easy was not what I signed up for, and the journey that is not easy is a joy. And then I remind myself that I have had lots of easy times, lots of times when I did little thinking about the journey. Times when I could just amble down my path without direct attention. That kind of time will come again, it is just not now.

Julia notes:

Since we have started using the second CD for expressiveness, Julia has been much more particular about the words of songs, although she still makes up lyrics all the time.

This morning, Julia was making up for not eating much yesterday. Two eggs, two waffles, and lots of blue berries. She had finished most of her waffles when she was left with a rather big piece that was uncut. Instead of shoving it all inside her mouth, like she usually does, she asked me to cut it up, please. Table manners??

Yesterday's failure at "moving" and "standing still", was preceeded by her ability to tell me what she ate for lunch about two hours after we had it. She also answered the question of what was her favorite animal at the zoo yesterday.

No comments: