07 April 2009

And so, I will go.

This is a week just full, and I am balancing life's joys and sorrows that best that I am able.

Lisa, Sarah, and Michael are visiting us for our combined spring breaks. It is just delightful having them here. Sarah and Michael are growing and are such good company. And of course, Julia just loves them. She is thrilled that Lisa and Sarah are sleeping in her room. Tomorrow, we are going to Kalahari Indoor Water Park up at the Dells. It should be fun.

Then on the other end of the emotional teeter-totter, my Mother is very ill. Quite likely a lymphoma in and around her eye. What she thought was a sinus infection has turned into a grave illness. Julia and I are going out to Jersey to help out. I was very lucky to get some affordable airline tickets and I will keep Julia out of school for an extra week after spring break. I hope I am making the right decisions.

Julia and I have not had time to do the cuddling that we really need to, nor have we been doing school work. When it was just because we are playing with Lisa and kids, I was not disturbed, but now I feel we must find some stability, some even keel to make make the next two weeks work well.

This is not easy. I hate to miss our next play group, the PTO meeting during which I will probably be elected president (unless someone else steps forward wanting the job), and the United Way luncheon for which I am nominated for a volunteer's award. Yet, as soon as I decided that I needed to be in Jersey as soon as I could, I felt a quiet peace come over me. This is the right now that I need to be present for.

And so, I will go.

4 comments:

norie said...

suzanne...my prayers will go with you as you go to your moms

norie

Traci said...

I'm sorry she's having to battle this. Praying for healing and strength for your Mom. Know that we are with you in spirit.

Traci & Family

Laura and Erik said...

I am sorry that your mother is so sick, my grandfather went through the same illness. I pray for strength and healing for her and also will keep you and Julia in my thoughts and prayers.

ChinaCalling said...

So sorry to hear about your mother. May God be with you as you travel. And I hope the peace continues to grow. sherri