14 April 2009

Jersey Days

We crawl along. We walk through jello. Our daily round is visiting the hospital and finding activities for Julia to do in between. And food. We wait for changes, schedules, plans for treatment, and my mother's coming home. Today, I am beginning to doubt that she will come home during this week that we are here. Cheshire is with us and such a comfort. Tomorrow, we may go into the city, see Shrek the musical if there are tickets, and spend the night in Brooklyn. We need the diversion. I am writing on my laptop but no way to transfer it to the internet. Sooner or later, I'll find a wireless network.

North Jersey is such a crowded place. As kind as people can be, it is claustrophobic. I have loved the crowds of NYC and Chicago, and found peace in the open space of the Midwest. I have learned not to say never, but I don't know how to live in Jersey.

Julia is enjoying Cheshire. She is making clay figures to match her experience here. She is so very interested in Babja's IV tubes and needles and checks with the nurses when they give Babja a shot. I see her compassion growing.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I've thought of you and your mother a lot this week. An awful lot. Peace and health going out to you and yours.

Traci