16 May 2009

At the edge of Saturday

The day started very grey but some blue is peeking throught now, later in the morning. Weather reports say we may get a freeze tonight and today will be windy. So we will bundle up if we need to and go to the farmers' market, and a plant sale, and then work on our lawn and gardens. Julia is into her little pets and animals this morning. Very regular morning. Cheshire is headed back to my mother's house. Angel child that she is. How did we raise someone who is better than ourselves? I have one more busy week -- last playgroup on Wednesday, meeting on Wednesday night, and other things, and then to get ready to tile on Friday through the weekend. I like that -- a project that is defined and doable. It may be a busy weekend, and I might be swearing and sweating sometime next Sunday, but then it will be over and we will have a prettier, and more useful, bathroom.

I know that was much too much to put in one paragraph, but in my mind, it is all in one paragraph, so . . . .

Before breakfast, I gave Julia two directions. I used my fingers and told her, one, wake up daddy, and two, set the table. She used her own fingers to repeat that back to me and then went ahead and did it. Apart from forgetting the forks, she did both without any more prompting.

No comments: