13 May 2009

Wednesday

We had our ninth play group today and the kids did very well. Julia's partner did not particularly want to play with her but they did talk a bit during the make believe play. Both of them worked on their craft project -- toilet paper roll animals -- and I was particularly pleased to see Julia have no trouble at all focusing on this project.

Julia is moving forward with her reading. She has been repeating the -at and -an words in school. Last night, she ask if she could learn to read one of the book that I usually read to her. She followed along with me, reading out the sight words that she knew, and repeating the words that I gave her.

We enjoyed Marianne's visit this past weekend. She had worked with lots of kids and has experience with all sorts of challenges. She got on so well with Julia and fell very easily into teaching her. Julia had no trouble with that. Interesting how Julia takes to people. After Marianne left on Tuesday, Julia asked where Marianne was eating and sleeping. Good questions, both.

Marianne did a past life regression with me. I haven't done one in more than 20 years and then it was with groups both times that I participated. With Marianne, I was able to talk about what I saw and she able to take lots of notes. It was exciting and that person/part of me has been with me since.

Last night, walking the dog, I tripped and fell hard. I scraped one side of my face and chipped two of my teeth. I have been in pain all day today and finally called the dentist by the end of the day. Oy! Embarassment, yes. And feeling very foolish. I can't believe that I could trip and mess up two teeth!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope everything goes well!