24 May 2009

Weekend

I have spent two days tiling the bathroom. It is going very well but it is taking me the best part of each day and Julia is spending the days with her Daddy. After what seems like forever, and in reality is three days, we went to the Y for showers.

Tiling. While I do it, I can be totally absorbed into the making of it. It is a challenge but not hard. It is just about the doing of it. As I do it, I listen to books on tape and I am present. I have to be to get it done. Nothing complicated about the process. It is hard for me to meditate well. I have such a monkey mind, but doing a task like this one, I can get so much closer to what I imagine stillness of mind is.

Yesterday, Julia and David went to the toy store because Julia has ten stickers. Time to get a new toy earned by her home work and some very good behavior at school. Julia have been mooning the baby bunnies for her Rabbit family. She couldn't wait to open the package and start playing with them. This morning she and I were playing that the mommy and daddy rabbits were holding the babies. Then, Julia said that the parents were going to 'dopt the babies from the orphanage.' After adoption, the parents took the babies to the doctor's office so that the babies could get shots and get the ear wax out of their ears. Another interesting remembering for Julia -- this was what we needed to do when Julia first got home.

No comments: