10 June 2009

I don't get to write or check email until very late, and by that time there is nothing so important that I should write. Julia has had good and bad moments. I have demanded so much cooperation of her during the long work filled days, that she is ready to pull my arms to direct me to play with her. At the same time, she seems to understand the message that I have a schedule to keep and work to be done. I have put her in time out about once a day for the past three days. It is usually because she insists on not listening. She does not want to go sit on the step (our time out) but will do it with a bit of physical guidance - nothing like the dragging of a few years ago. She whimpers or yells and then calms down. She can tell me when she is ready to do something else. She apoligizes and goes about her life.

We have been cuddling every day and although Julia is giving my a bit of grief about doing it, she is willing once she gets in my arms. At times, I feel that this is a check in point for her, some emotional grounding.

She wants to go home and she misses her Dad.

Me too. Madison is going to look so very good.

Today, Julia and I took an afternoon break and went to the Newark Museum. I haven't been there for 25-30 years. It is a rather second rate museum but Julia enjoyed it for the most part. There was a part that is a victorial house and she loved doing through the house and asking about furniture or decorations. Two of the bedrooms were done as an art installation. The artist used dead, dried insects to make patterns and forms on the wall. Julia has decided that this is a good idea for our house. Am I creating a monster?

Julia is in bed and I am going there as well.

No comments: