17 June 2009

Ohio

Julia and I are in Ohio with our friends, Traci and Scott and kids. Julia was in the pool a good part of the morning splashing and swimming with Jaden, Kevin, and some older boys from across the street. She is in her glory. Julia is playing with Jaden who is 3 and Kevin who is older than Julia. I love to see her interacting with other kids. She can be rough at times, but much less so than she has ever been. She is being gentle with Jaden, and also pretty gentle with two little kittens who are new to the family. Of course, after Barbara's talk about kittens and NOW, getting to play with them, I don't know how we will say no to her. I will let David do that one.

Playdates and going swimming with school friends will be the order of the day when we get home.

I am still in my pj's at noon, sitting in a shelter next to the pool. Traci and I have been talking almost non-stop since last night, and I am so enjoying this relaxation. I had wondered whether our traveling this way would work, and would offer me some kind of break from the stress of the last few weeks, and boy, did I guess right. Seeing friends and taking it slow was just the right medicine for me. I am very grateful for dear friends who open their hearts and their homes and give me the spiritual boost that I need right now. (I am also so grateful for David who is home, working on the tiling that I started and keeping those home fires burning. I'll be home soon, sweetie!) I should be ready for Madison summer by the weekend!

No comments: