11 June 2009

Missing Daddy

The first thing that Julia said when she sat up in bed this morning was that she missed her Daddy. Yesterday, she told me that when she hears thunder, she runs into my bed and feels better.

We have 4 more days out east -- cleaning, a visit from at least one kid, and seeing Cheshire. And then we start for home. I've planned to make the trip home slowly - driving to Lisa's and spending the night, driving to Traci's and Marcia's too. I hope it works out. I could use some filling of the soul before plunging back into the everyday.

Julia stands with me (she now recognizes whenever I type her name) as I type. She has her arms around my neck and is very much at ease. I explain what I want to do with the day and she repeats interesting parts of it. We have a Thursday.

1 comment:

Traci said...

We can't wait to see you. Do you have an approximate target date?

Love,

Traci & Family