05 June 2009

Oh, my peeps are with me and I am feelin' so good. David came in this afternoon and by the time we arrived back at the house, Cheshire had come in from NYC. Julia was beside herself, and I was right there with her. We went out to a diner and watched movies. Tomorrow, my nieces and nephews will come over and help do some of the cleaning out of the house. I have been working hard on all of my mother's records -- meticulous for sure and now fodder for the shredder.

Julia has been saying things showing how much she understands and loves having a family. She really enjoys the attention that her cousins have been giving to her at their house and as they stop by at my mother's house. She tells me that she likes being a little kid with all these cousins. She really wants to go home but I have been able to explain that we need to stay in Jersey for another week or so. Julia is giving me hugs and kisses in a new enthusiastic way. Again, as during our last trip out in Jersey, Julia is growing closer to me. We are not perfect, but we seem to be more in love, if that makes sense.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Makes perfect sense. Big hugs!

Elaine said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. These things are hard, but glad to hear that you are all together.