05 January 2012

I had a dream last night. I remember it which is unusual these days and appearing in it was an old friend who, when he appears in my dreams, is a harbinger of coming change. It was a short and simple dream, a bit frustrating but very slice of dream life.

I am trying to download, print, and send some writing somewhere. The writing is either a paper or something creative. I need to send it to complete a school class or to a publisher. I cannot open the file because of its suffix. In order to access the file, I have to open my old friend's operating system and I know that he doesn't want me to do that. But I need the file. My friend is somewhere around but I have not seen him, at least during the dream. I need the file immediately so I decide to open the operating system and then open my file. As soon as I do this, my friend walks in and looks over my shoulder -- I am sitting on a low tan couch and he is leaning over the back of the couch. I turn to him to apologize and ask if I can use the operating system, but he begins to walk away. I catch his sleeve and he turns to look at me.

That's it. All there is. I am almost amazed that I know enough about computers to have a dream like this, not that I am sure that anything I describe is correct in the waking world.

No comments: