04 August 2012

Smoothed Pebbles


I have wanted to revamp my blog for a long time -- move on a bit.  Maybe put things in useable categories.  Starting LEND again, I would like to write about my experience and separate it just a bit from my writing about Julia and my thoughts about healing and this new life of ours.  It has been on my task life for months, but I’ve been stuck on what to call it, how to format it.  Finally, last week I found a format that another blogger was using that I really liked.  Clean and easy on the eyes.  I’ve started to build it for myself, hoping that I can copy the elements that I like.  The issues of a name which you need in order to begin a Blogger blog surfaced and I had no idea.  I have been through with Spicy Dragons and Dinosaurs for a good chunk of time now.  That title has seen me though Julia’s tough days and David’s transplant and death.  It has seen me through the long dark tunnel of grieving and my first tentative steps towards some right livelihood.  It is a wonderful name but I want to begin with something fresh and unburdened.  I want to begin anew.
A few nights ago I wrote: “How lucky we were!  How fortunate to have loved so well, so completely.  Not perfectly, but then we were not about perfection, we were two rough edged stones smoothing each other’s edges.”  Smoothed Pebbles.  That is what Julia and I are.  Like rocks and stones whose rough edges have been worn away by water and sand, whose faces have been shined, and whose beauty is most apparent when they lay just under a thin layer of clear water.  Not water and sand but journeys that have brought us together.  Roads that hone the soul.   
This is how and where I want to begin again.  Recherchez. (Fr. second person plural present indicative to look for again).  Now, it is a task at hand.

No comments: