25 October 2007

More good news

We've had an exciting three days at school.

Julia's aid at school told me that Julia was very concerned when this aid got abug bite. Julia asked if it hurt and if she was okay. Julia has done this to David and I but not to anyone outside the family. It is so good to see her extending her care to someone else who cares about her.

Julia told me a few days ago that during after-school, there wase a boy who was picking on another boy -- she said hitting and pushing. She told me that she wanted to hit the culprit. I told her that she shouldn't do that, and instead, she should tell a grownup. So yeterday, one of the afterschool folks told me that Julia came to her and told her that a bigger boy was hitting a little boy. AfterJulia told her, Julia ran back to the boys and shouted, "That is notnice." So much better than hitting herself, and what control on Julia's part. Julis is working so hard on controlling her impulses.

And just to be sure she is learning from her peers, she said "EEWH,Gross!" this morning when she saw a bug in our kitchen.

How amazing this process -- time and patience and love and care andgood teachers and therapy and noodles for lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...and noodles for lunch." Love that whole last line. I'm so happy to hear of Julia's progress. Her whole world seems to be opening up before her eyes. Yeah!