02 October 2007

Reunion Weekend



Oh, I wrote a very nice entry last night, filling in the last two weeks. I wrote on the blog and I wrote slowly. By the time I went to publish the entry, I must have timed out of Blogger and I lost the entry. So . . . trying again.




Two weekends ago, we were in Indy at a first reunion of our Nanchang travel Group. These were the 6 other families that we traveled with in China. The six families all received babies who were about a year old. Thus, we have a two year old plus Julia party. It was great. Seeing how all the girls have grown and changed was very sweet. Julia seemed to blossom at our get together. I don’t think that she really remembers any of the families, but she was able to be very comfortable, very quickly. Maybe she has some memory, maybe it is their familiar manner towards her. One of our families has two older children who were very sweet about spending time with Julia.



We spent time at the Indy Zoo, helped the girls put handprints on tee shirts, had a grand pizza party at Marcia's house, and tried to get another red couch picture. I am still surprised the we found this group of travel companions, I wasn't expecting to connect with them at all. I am so grateful to have this extended family for Julia and for us. How miraculous that we all added to our families on the same day, at the same time, in the same room. It is a joy to see each one of these children come into themselves. Julia enjoyed the time as well. I hope that this is the beginning of a ritual that we repeat many times.

We made an attempt at getting another red couch picture -- A Chinese adoption ritual that is usually done on the red couches of the White Swan Hotel in Guangchou. One of our group got a better picture than this one that I will try to post later. Maybe in a few years we can get all those girls to sit relatively still, look at the camera, and smile at the same time.




Posted by Picasa






Posted by Picasa

No comments: