24 September 2007

Research

New Project: to gather any and all information I can about XiaJiang SWI, where Julis lived before she joined our family. As we begin assessments and therapy, I am asked over and over about her background. I have so little information, and not just for docs but for our family and for Julia. For Julia, when she returns to China to visit. And for this mother's heart. It is hard not to know your child. So I posted this message on all the yahoo boards that I belong it, and hope that it yeilds some information.

Hello all,

XiaJiang is a small orphanage in JiangXi province about three hours from Nanchang. Our Julia Bai Bai lived for five years there and we have very little information about the orphanage and what she did there. Now that she is home a year and starting some therapy and assessments, I am interested in compiling anything I can about what life was like at XiaJiang. The officials there are very private and direct questions to them go unanswered most of the time. I am interested in talking to, emailing, any families who have brought children home from XiaJiang. You can also join or visit the XiaJiang yahoo group to become involved in this ongoing research and discussion.

I promise to protect privacy and to share the information I find with anyone who provides me with information. My hope is to have some information to give to Julia when and if she is interested, and to better understand Julia's character and behavior.

Thanks for any help you could give,SuzanneJuia Bai Bai's geeky mommy

ps I am going to post this to any group that I belong to that seems at all relevant, please forgive repetition if you belong to the same groups that I do.

No comments: