16 April 2008

Spring pictures

I am woefully behind in pictures. I have been taking them but in generally my attempts to capture my dear one fall far short of my own expectations which are pretty moderate to begin with. I could blame the camera but I just don't think it is the fault of technology.


Anyway, I wanted to post a few of our early spring photos.


This is from last week when it was still too cold to really look very spring-like. We bundled up -- Julia refused gloves -- and went outside to garden-- rake up leaves -- and play -- digging in last year's sand. It is clear that we need a sand box and some fresh white stuff for digging.


Before we went out, I gave her the bowl in the picture for her to put the toys she wanted to take outside. Dinosaurs, animals, a few people and a truck went into the bucket which she gave to me to bring out and she gathered up more stuff. I had to laugh at her. I wanted her to carry the bucket and be responsible for it alone. Instead, she was assigning it to me so that she could stuff her pockets and carry a few more toys in her arms. Everyone wanted to go outside.


I love this picture! Julia on her bedroom floor "writing." It is a sight that is new in our house and I am so thankful for it. Julia is now pretending to write on paper and on her white board. She is intent about her writing and drawing and will quietly do it for 20 minutes at a time.






And here she is in her springtime glory -- stretch pants too! I bought her three pairs of stretch pants and a few tops to go with them. She was thrilled and there was no talk at all about not liking pants. I am still waiting for the willing wearing of jeans but the pair I bought will fit through the fall, so I will be patient.




And here she is with her fairy wings. Sometimes I see that face looking at me and I fall in love all over again!

No comments: