31 October 2008

Pumpkin Carving

I would have loved carving out pumpkins this year, especially because these pumpkins had great shape and debth; however, my bandaged finger can't get wet and it is hard to cut anything, let alone decorative pumpkin carving. So, I went to choir practice and Julia and Daddy carved. I came home to two well-carved pumpkin faces shining out at me. It was very nice.
Let the carving begin!
We are always concerned about Julia's lack of focus. These pictures paint such a different picture. Just wait until I teach this kid how to make Ukrainian Easter Eggs.
The master lets the apprentice take over.
And she does.
These are the pumpkin faces that greeted me when I came home!
And here is my favorite little pumpkin with the pumpkin face that she drew after Daddy took her through the whole process. Also, note, that the kid has on the same shirt this morning that she did last night. Persuasion by the kid working well on the Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I was reading Jaden came up behind me yelling, "I see my Julia! I see my Julia!" Aaaahhhhh, so sweet!

I hate carving pumpkins ~ way too crafty. The kids did theirs at a gathering with friends and one of the other dads took charge of the whole thing. Thank God!

Glad your crew enjoyed it. They look great!

Traci