24 October 2008

NUMBERS

Can't wait to write this down. Send up the fireworks. Tonight, Julia, working on a very hokie Mickey Mouse Kindergarten computer game, stuck with two number games for over a half hour!!!! One was putting numbers in order so that Donald could dance and the other was counting space ships and firing on them with that number. She didn't get it correct all the time, but she persisted and was so pleased when she got it. She accepted my help with counting the spaceships when there were more than 4 and was happy to figure out the number.

Let's go to Disney World and count!!!

On other fronts --

Julia and I had a cnoversation about my bandaged finger at bed time.

Julia: When I see your finger?

Me: I have to keep it in this bandage until next Friday. And then, we'll go to the doctor together and he will take it off. (She has off next Friday.)

Julia: I help him?

Me: You can ask, but I don't know if he will let you help.

Julia: I be doctor.

Me: That would be very nice.

Julia: I give kids medicine.

Me: Yes.

Julia: I make them better. I (she searched for this word) heal.

What a kid I have.

Julia has begun yawning regularly. It is not that she has never yawned before but she has done it very infrequently and only in a begrudging sort of way. I have notice in the last week or so that she snuggles with Daddy watching tv, gets a blanket on and then yawns almost luxuriously. It is so good to see her relax a little more.

No comments: