28 October 2008

Julia's room

Yahoo! My laptop is back, albeit with a new hard drive. I have to install programs and figure out what I am going to do about word processing, but I hope I am up for a good long time.

So, do I have pictures.


The top picture is a close up of the boarder that I stencilled around the top of the room. I like it because it lowers the ceiling and makes the room cosy.
The kite that we bought in China goes so well with Julia's colors. Who knew? In the corner above the toy shelves are pictures of family and friends with Julia and also our threee "red couch" pictures.
Instead of putting a canopy over the bed, I found three paper parasols to hang from the ceiling. Notice the three metal lizards. We found them on sale at CVS and Julia really wanted to hang them in her room. I wish we could find some insects of the same ilk.

The duvet cover that is on Julia's bed was bought to finish our guest room when it became Alice's bedroom. I expected to get something else for Julia when I figured out what she liked but Julia likes this one. This is her flower blanket and so it stays.
In the last corner, we have two bean bag chairs watched over by the bird mobil that hung over Cheshire's crib. And notice that Julia has her own mirror to ask, who is the fairest one of all. Over the house book case and shoe cubbies I had some fun. The boarder "broke" and the dinosaures came falling out.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Very nicely done. I love the falling dinos.

tumbleintodreams said...

Oh my... I'm so very impressed! I love the falling dinos too. Everything about3the room says love and cozy. You are quite talented. Sure makes my white walls in Cami's room look plain. I'm open to suggestions. LOL.
sherri

Joy said...

Everything is so bright and cheerful! The tumbling dinos are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the broken border and faling dinos! Very creative, Suzanne! Her room is so colorful and fun! You motivate me to get Jaden's red couch photos put up! Good job on a cool room.

Traci