19 February 2009

Back from the dark place

Very quick entry to say that I am recovering from my tantrum of the other day. Whew! I am as tough as my kiddo. I am left a bit humbled and aware that I need tending and support. Thank you for the support. As for the tending, I've been encouraged to seek some and see that if I don't take care of myself, I will not be able to take care of Julia.

Just a few things:

Last night when we cuddled before I went to my meeting, Julia asked to put things into her imaginary closet. She is not always cooperative or willing to do it, but I took the opportunity last night.

Two nights ago, when we were doing home work, I dicdated sentences using lots of our sight words. I told Julia to look up at the words and copy them from the wall if she didn't know how to spell them. She did it, and I was pretty impressed. She still doesn't necessarily recognize the words in books unless I take down our card of that word. So I am doing that for awhile, and making reading a book a choice on our schedule.

The third parent meeting of our social skills group went well. Not as organized as I hoped but I think everyone learned something. People are contributing information about their kids which is very helpful. We go live on March 4. I definitely have 2 weeks of work to get ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Mom! You're doing great. And do make sure you are taking time for you.

On the personal note -- I think I'm procrastinating sending you what you need because I'm dreading switching over. I'll get an email out to you in the next day or two. Besides, we've been so sick and you're so busy! :)

Love you!