20 February 2009

Friday

I read other blogs and lately I've noticed a bit more philosophy creeping into wandering minds and wiggling fingers. Ummm, can I be philosophic? I would like more eloquence and some reasons behind the behaviors I report, but then I think those things need to wait and I need to continue reporting.

There was sun today and more melting going on. We have our lawn back, most of it anyway, and there are less snow mountains for the kids to climb at recess, but the ground is still cold, small very dirty snow mounds dot the landscape, and the dog still cannot hang out in the backyard. We did not get the 3-6" of snow they promised at the beginning of the week. Did it have to do with all of Madison visualizing summer? There is more snow on the way. How long can we hold it off with sheer human will?

I went to school today for the morning. Julia had a rough morning and I marvel that her teachers are willing to look for the inner Julia hidden behind all her behavior. She started the day with a fight with Aaron, then lots of very loud noise, not listening and sitting apart during circle time, refusing to do writing workshop and throwing enough of a tantrum to be put outside the classroom on a nearby step for some outside time. She returned to the classroom and did her work, but she did not understand what they were asking her to do. Possibly if she had listened, possibly not.

There were some nice moments from this week: Julia and Lilah sat at the easel during morning meeting and drewtogether. They shared markers and speace very nicely, and Julia evenshowed Lilah how to draw a crown for the queens they were making. And Lilah said a very polite "thank you."

No comments: