02 February 2009

Cuddling

This morning, I was dressing Julia rushed and late as usual when she wanted to be held like a baby. She has been talking about being and baby and growing up. Some of the growing up talk is about lizards who grow up to dinosaurs, and there is a lot of play around baby dinos growing up to look like their parents. Sometimes it sounds like the growing up is positive but sometimes there seems to be some nostalgia about staying a baby. Something is going on inside that kid's head!

As we were dressing, Julia threw herself into my arms and wanted to be cuddled. She initiated the eye contact and she was talked about being my baby, that this was our home, and the I and her daddy had to chase the monster away. Before this, I would have said that although the cuddling has been sweet, I didn't think we were getting anywhere. Julia doesn't like playing baby games when we cuddle. She talks. We try to spend some of the time quiet, even it is means having a bottle or watching tv together. She is liking being in my arms but I felt like she was not engaging in dipping deeper into her well. This morning (of course, while we were rushed and getting ready for school) she seemed to tell me that more was coming.

I'm waiting, baby girl.

Oh, one more thing. Two days ago, we were on the couch and I was playing with Julia's face -- who does that pretty nose belong to? When she said, Julia, I asked, What kind of nose is that? She responded, little. Then I asked about my nose and she told me, "BIG." No one has ever told me I had a big nose before. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day by day...moment by moment...you are finding all that your girl has to offer you. Exciting!

The nose thing is hysterical. Jade says she has the cutest nose in the family. :)

Traci