02 February 2009

My Social Skills Group

The beginning of the social skills group for Julia and her colleagues is drawing nearer. I have taken cover with the idea that although the group was my idea and I wrote the original grant, I have teamed up with one good principal and one very good autism expert. I have been studying but I kept saying to myself that I could rely on the experts because I was just the MOM.


Well, no more. And as of right now, nothing seems to be going right. I am suffering from opening night blues big time. So this is just a weepy report. I will be all right and by tomorrow evening when we have our first parents' meeting, I'll have a smile on my face.

BUT:

1. Only 2 of the ten books I orders have arrived.
2. At least one family I need to contact has not returned my calls and their email keeps getting returned.
3. I am not doing all the reading I wanted to.
4. And I can't stay up all night to do it.
5. I don't even know if this is going to work.

Whew. It feels good to just get that all out and done with. I have today for last minute research before the meeting. Tomorrow, I will be making sample charts, schedules, take home report, etc.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Good luck with your group. I'm sure you'll do great!

Joy

Anonymous said...

I love that it will all be all right by tomorrow night. You're going to do great.

Hang on to the knot at the end of the rope....there's always a knot at the end of the rope.

Sending up a little prayer for you!

Traci

Anonymous said...

Tonight's the night. Hang in there! Sending positive vibes your way!

Traci