11 March 2009

My, my, how the days go by!

I am waiting for another plumber to come over and give us an estimate on the work. I have one estimate in hand which has been revised a couple of times and is in our general budget. I have one estimate for the tile which is from a small shop -- it is higher than we expected, and I have to see if we can lower it if we buy some of the tile from Home Depot. I prefer supporting local businesses but the bottom line is all important right now. All this running around and work hoping that the bathroom could be done at the end of this week, but it looks like we have to go into next week to do all the looking that we feel is necessary.

And the water sounds continue. And they are not the water sounds that one might listen to in order to relax. I want quiet!

20 Minutes later: So we probably found the plumber that we will go with. This guy comes in, is appalled by the sound of running water and says that we should fix it for now, and be able to deal with the new fixtures at our leisure. (We've been seeking divine intervention, but didn't expect it.) He turns off the water, takes apart the faucet that we were told was not fixable and is presently fixing it. This is not a long range fix but the house is quiet and if we have a bit more time, it will not hurt our family pocketbook as much.

On other fronts, it is freezing today! We had 50's yesterday and it is 11 degrees out there right now. This is March in Wisconsin. Julia was not thrilled to be back in her heaviest clothes and still freezing on the playground this morning.

Today is our second play group. I have a bunch of things to do this morning. I've done some game directions and two play dough direction sheets. And then, I have to organize all of our "stuff" so that taking things out and putting them away is more orderly. Labels! I need Labels!

Finally, it looks like I am going to take on the PTO next year as president. Elections are not until next month, but there are rarely contested elections at our school. I was asked by the current president, we talked, and I agreed. Now, here is something I never, ever imagined that I would do. LOL. I've never been a "red jumper" mom (a term that my old lunch mates had for traditional SAHMs who baked cookies for after school treats and were always at their kids' school), and right now I am a pretty nontraditional mom (you know, the age thing and having our child come into the family at 5). But the need is there and my arms are opened wide.

Pretty bazaar. What is just around the next bend in my path may just be more wild.

No comments: